Generally, the more coverage the better the plan. All plans that include a trip cancellation benefit provide coverage for sickness, injury or death, but may or may not cover a Pre-Existing medical condition. “Better” and “Best” policies may cover many of the following additional reasons:
- involuntary termination or transfer of employment
- air carrier delays or cancellations due to strike, bad weather or mechanical breakdown
- damage or destruction of your home or place of employment
- a terrorist act or incident
- revocation of military leave
- Bankruptcy or Insolvency of an airline or other travel supplier
- Cancel For Any Reason Benefit
and much, much more!
Important Tip! Purchase the best coverage you can afford. While people often focus on one or two concerns such as elderly relatives or political unrest that might affect travel, it’s the unexpected that happens: like Icelandic volcano eruptions, Tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, winter storms, torrential rains and on and on… that can affect you or your travel investment.